New to forum

eismc2

User systemen
Hello

Just would like to introduce myself to this forum.

Wouldn't it be nice to see if anyone reads this and be able to show a sign of life by dropping a line with a 'hello' or 'hoi'. Perhaps even tell something about yourself ;)

philpend

User systemen
Hi/Hoi! I saw your earlier post in the beginners forum. Nice to see you opening a post in the english forum, maybe you start a trend and more people from the UK come to this forum! This English forum is more or less meant for non-Dutch living in Holland who have computer related questions. But you are welcome too of course. If you have a burning question about computer hardware I suggest you ask it in the dutch part of this forum, I expect you get an answer a lot sooner there. You have to ask you question in dutch though, but I assume your native tongue is Dutch?

If I am totally wrong, please ask your question here, there are enough people on this forum who can write English very well

eismc2

User systemen
Het is natuurlijk de bedoeling ook de markt van de 'echte' UK'ers te koloniseren :p
More or less hinted to dust the english forum off a bit. :rolleyes:

However, I foresee a problem with this english forum as it hides somewhere in the 'cellar' of the dutch forums. As a newbe to Hardware Info's forum, but not new to computer related issues in general, I also didn't know of its exsistence. I noted that there's no link currently present on the uk-site. I can imagine that an english native might stop looking as soon as they 'hit' the Dutch only site to find answers to their questions, uuh in Dutch.
This was my initial question on the 'beginners forum'. The lack of an UK-forum or Link to one.

Another reason for posting on that forum was, that I wouldn't know where else to post my particular question.

Anyho.. thanks for taking time to respond Philpend. I am born & raised Dutch (from Delft) and live since 2002 in the UK. I am indeed fluent in both Dutch and English as many Dutch are in Holland. As a first port of call I shall address any questions and responses in the Dutch forum (which I registered with initially).

I believe that the internet is a great place to be looking for computer problems related question & answers. And there is a legion of sites to choose from. If Hardware.info is interested to get a foothold in the UK fora-wise, I would be contemplating some form of support. :D

Bovenaan