Can I Upgrade my PC Graphics?

Hello,

I am a HP owner looking to upgrade my PC graphics for photo/video editing and light-medium gaming.

After doing research I concluded that I have several options for upgrading the GPU. I am thinking of upgrading to a Geforce GTX 1050/1050 ti or similar card. However, I understand these GPU require power to be able to function. I have looked into the PC and saw a sticker/lable on the power supply saying 130 watt (not sure if this is correct, seems low).

What I want to know is:

- Can I Upgrade this PC to a Geforce GTX 1050 (ti) or similar card?

- If so, do I also need to replace the power supply, what component would be compatible?

- If not, what graphics card would fit this PC with its current build?

I have put the specifications of the PC down below. Please help me out with this, its my first time with upgrading a PC.

PC Specs

Motherboard:

MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine)

https://support.hp.com/nl-nl/product/hp-pavilion-p6-2300-desktop-pc-series/5295969/model/5318026/doc...

CPU:

AMD A4-5300 APU with radeon(tm) hd graphics 3.40 ghz

http://cpuboss.com/cpu/AMD-A4-5300

RAM:

4GB

GPU:

AMD Radeon 7450 HD

http://gpuboss.com/graphics-card/Radeon-HD-7450

division

User systemen
Hello and welcome to the HWI forum.

If your power supply is only 130W then u wont be able to use a 1050 or TI model. But if im right and it is the Original PSU then it should be 300W. (HP standard for these models)

Maybe you can make a picture of your power supply sticker so we can take a look of it.
Next to that your CPU is very low. You wont be utilizing the full potential of the 1050 or 1050ti. And when u might buy one make sure u dont take a version that requires a 6 or 8 pins PCI-EX connector. (cards only uses 75W max from the pci-ex port of mainboard)

If you really want to keep the system you allready have i would recommend a gtx 1030.

What kind of games are we talking about?

Laatst bewerkt:

JB56

User systemen
Hm..... that's a fairly slow system. The cpu is slow for gaming, you're low on memory and you would also need to upgrade the psu. Replacing the graphics card is possible, provided the HP specific bios allows for the changes....
If you only plan to run older games on lower settings your "renewed" system might pull it off, otherwise it's a no go. The same goes for video editing, which puts even higher demands on any system.

IMHO you would be better off building a new system. Don't forget to incorporate a SSD...

Hello and welcome to the HWI forum.

If your power supply is only 130W then u wont be able to use a 1050 or TI model. But if im right and it is the Original PSU then it should be 300W. (HP standard for these models)

Maybe you can make a picture of your power supply sticker so we can take a look of it.
Next to that your CPU is very low. You wont be utilizing the full potential of the 1050 or 1050ti. And when u might buy one make sure u dont take a version that requires a 6 or 8 pins PCI-EX connector. (cards only uses 75W max from the pci-ex port of mainboard)

If you really want to keep the system you allready have i would recommend a gtx 1030.

What kind of games are we talking about?
I guess I can check again to be sure if the PSU is truly 130 Watt, if it is 300 Watt I should be able to upgrade to a 1030 huh?
Mostly 2D & 3D fighters and RPG's. No shooters or racing games.
Thank you for the reply.

Hm..... that's a fairly slow system. The cpu is slow for gaming, you're low on memory and you would also need to upgrade the psu. Replacing the graphics card is possible, provided the HP specific bios allows for the changes....
If you only plan to run older games on lower settings your "renewed" system might pull it off, otherwise it's a no go. The same goes for video editing, which puts even higher demands on any system.

IMHO you would be better off building a new system. Don't forget to incorporate a SSD...
I was in doubt if it would be possible, and you are confirming these doubts. Unfortunately building a new system is not an option due to a lack of finances. I therefore chose to try and get the most out of this system for now. Upgrading the PSU, CPU, RAM ánd GPU would even be more realistic money wise. Though I am unsure if I could do it by myself. Thank you for the reply either way. ^^

JB56

User systemen
I was in doubt if it would be possible, and you are confirming these doubts. Unfortunately building a new system is not an option due to a lack of finances. I therefore chose to try and get the most out of this system for now. Upgrading the PSU, CPU, RAM ánd GPU would even be more realistic money wise. Though I am unsure if I could do it by myself. Thank you for the reply either way. ^^
At this point in time the harddisk is "the" limiting factor to any system. Therefore you would also have to add a SSD to do the system any justice. But... if you add up all the components you need, you'd be spending a lot of money on a system not really worth the investment. It would in fact be a waste of money.
IMHO adding just a bit more money and acquiring a whole new system would get you where you want to be. If the money isn't there right now, soldier on for a while with this one and replace it as soon as you're able. That's the best way to get some bang for your bucks.....
For a budget game pc you'd be spending somewhere in the region of a 1000 Euro's, provided you don't need a new monitor and keyboard. Maybe get a second hand system?

Laatst bewerkt:

division

User systemen
I guess I can check again to be sure if the PSU is truly 130 Watt, if it is 300 Watt I should be able to upgrade to a 1030 huh?
Mostly 2D & 3D fighters and RPG's. No shooters or racing games.
Thank you for the reply.
If its 300W u can even upgrade to a 1050 if u like. But i wouldnt bother with the system what u have at this moment. My reccomedation is 1030 MAX.

Bovenaan